Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Last years treat to THIS year's treasure!



What a surprise I found in our Fall Bin of decorations!!!  I had actually saved a piece of writing that J  and I had written last year around Halloween.  It's title was "How to Trick or Treat".  

Last year, we wrote using a "Share the Pen" activity (I wrote, he wrote) because he was only 4 years old at the time.  He added some simple illustrations, we stapled it, and called it GOOD!

Picture from October 2013
When I found this simple piece of Writing THIS YEAR, I instantly knew what I wanted to do with it and I was so excited.

Because we've been working on "adding details to our pictures and words" during our Writing Time, this would be a perfect extension!

So today, we just added sticky notes with pictures of our ideas.  I even played like I was trick or treating to have alittle fun and spark some writing ideas. 



I also made sure that J looked at how his illustrations and letter formations had developed.  He was very proud of how far he had come as a author AND illustrator.

Here's a quick video of J talking through his writing.


Tomorrow, we will add the text to his illustrations.  
And eventually transfer it all onto white paper and add it to his original book.

Stay tuned for this lil learner's "published" piece of "How to Trick or Treat"
I'm sure he will have no problem reading it aloud to his audience.

Happy Learning with your Lil Ones  

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Host a Homeschool Workshop

I remember going to my first homeschool conference in Ft. Worth, Texas.  I walked up to a GIANT convention center and opened the doors into...