Wednesday, October 29, 2014

What's with ALL those Workboxes? Part 1

When J was about 4 and N was 2...I pretty much knew that we were going to homeschool.  So I started researching and found the "workbox system".  

I knew that Erica over at Confessions of a Homeschooler was using them and I liked the idea.  
So I gave it a good go!

I don't wanna explain Sue Patrick's system, because it's complicated.  
But I will share how I use them in our homeschooling day - hoping to inspire you to do the same. 

Here's what our system looks like:

This is our current Learning Room.
Found this craft cart at Sams for $30 - by far the cheapest I've ever seen them.

Once J has completed a workbox - he pulls the "work tag" off and places it in his book.

This part of the system has remained pretty consistent over the years.  And how many workboxes J has to complete changes daily.  Flexibility is my main goal as a Homeschooling Mommy of 3 boys under the age of 5! 


I'll be honest...at first, this system was VERY overwhelming!  I felt like I was planning my pants off.  And now that I look back, my kids were TOO young to be doing the workboxes.  Doing away with workboxes would have simplified my life and their learning.  

Flash Back Pics!

Sweet baby boys!  So YOUNG!

But I've lived and learned...and I am glad I struggled through the process. Now, I can enjoy the workbox system that I've molded and made to work for my Little Learners.  

Looking forward to sharing what my planning looks like and give you a peek inside each box
 in Part 2 of this series.  So stay tuned!

Just curious...are any of you using a workbox system or one that is similar?

I would love to hear about it.  

Happy Learning with your Little Ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Host a Homeschool Workshop

I remember going to my first homeschool conference in Ft. Worth, Texas.  I walked up to a GIANT convention center and opened the doors into...