Wednesday, November 12, 2014

What's with those Workboxes? Final part to series

So you have a little background to how we "do" workboxes at this house.  And if you missed it, be sure and check out the Part 1 and 2 of this blogging series.



And I wanted to end this series with a few of my favorite "go to blogs" and a few printables to get you started.
  • Purchase a craft cart or storage organizer for your work box station.

  • Print "worktags" for your boxes and attach them using velcro dots.
"Worktags" are the numbers listed on the front of each box.  Once your lil learner has finished that box of work, they remove the worktag to show that it is complete.  

Here's a few links for FREE printable Worktags:





  • Decide curriculum/subject matter you will stuff your boxes with

This is a great PDF to print to help in your decision.

  • Start implementing workboxes very slowly!  Don't stress over getting it all ready to go at once.  Honestly, I would introduce 1-2 workboxes a week until you and your little learner are comfortable with this system.  

  • Have FUN!  Learning with Lil ones should be fun!  Create excitement by switching out your worktags or adding play into your workboxes.
Feel free to email me with any questions you have about workboxes.  I am NO expert, but can lead you to those homeschoolers/blogs that are!  

Happy Learning with your lil ones!



No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Host a Homeschool Workshop

I remember going to my first homeschool conference in Ft. Worth, Texas.  I walked up to a GIANT convention center and opened the doors into...