Wednesday, August 19, 2015

SNACK ATTACK!


Do you feel like you are ALWAYS in the kitchen?  I know that I sure do.  And I was ready to do something about it.  

It was time to teach the boys HOW to make their own snacks.  They plan it, they make it and they serve it.

Here's how it works.

On Sunday, just like our Breakfast Menu, we sit down and fill out our SNACK ATTACK Calendar for the week.  N is "the cook" for morning snack and J is "the cook" for the afternoon.  WHY?  N can do this while I am finishing up my reading time with J.  So morning is perfect for him.  And J is always looking for something to do around 3pm.  His rest time is over, his school work is done...this gives him a task to do and he actually enjoys it.

It's posted on our fridge for ALL to see.


The boys fix the snack and place it on a cookie sheet to serve it.  I think it makes them feel special to carry out a BIG tray full of deliciousness.   


The person that "cooked" the snack, serves the snack.  This a great opportunity to practice manners when and while serving others.  It's such a joy to see it happen naturally, but sometimes they do need to be reminded to say their "please and thank yous".


Once our snack time is over, someone BESIDES the "cook", does the clean up.  I tell them this a a great way to say "Thank you" and show the "cook" that they enjoyed their snack made with lots of love.


If you are interested in a copy of this SNACK ATTACK calendar - feel free to leave a comment below OR you can email me at mommyslittlelearners@gmail.com. 


Happy Learning with your little ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Host a Homeschool Workshop

I remember going to my first homeschool conference in Ft. Worth, Texas.  I walked up to a GIANT convention center and opened the doors into...