Wednesday, August 31, 2016

August 2016 Homeschool Highlights!

I am going to try my best to post a monthly blog that highlights what we did in our homeschool!

2 reasons for this...
#1 My readers get a peek inside our month and I hope it inspires you to try some new, fresh ideas.
#2 I get to reflect on WHY I homeschool and get to take note of all the fun ways we learned that month.

So here we go!!!

Our August Homeschool Highlights

We took storytelling to the car wash!

This kiddo FINALLY learned his colors.  I just needed to make it FUN and with something he loves...trash trucks!

We learned about the Olympics!



We made torches using LED lights and battery



We made Brazilian Bread for Fun with Food Friday!

See this post for Recipe for Pao De Queijo


We got REALLY excited about writing Olympic Facts!

We made a shooting range using strings, cups and straws!  Part of our Olympic study!

We dissected Owl Poop at 8pm on a Friday night.

We discovered how tricky it is to write labels for Carnivore and Herbivore.

We had fun at the Thinkery Children's Museum for our #TechTuesday afternoons.

We made new friends at our Lego Club with the elderly.



We captured a GIANT spider in the kitchen and turned him into our pet for 2 days.


We chased the trash trucks around the neighborhood!
We learned the power of meditating on a rainy day.
We learned and we learned it all together! 

Happy Learning with your little (and big) ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Host a Homeschool Workshop

I remember going to my first homeschool conference in Ft. Worth, Texas.  I walked up to a GIANT convention center and opened the doors into...